Last updated: Jan 20, 2020
This Policy is subject to change due to changes in organizational practices or legal and regulatory requirements. We encourage you to periodically check our website for updates to this Policy.
What personal information do we collect?
“Personal information” is any information about an identifiable individual, other than an individual’s business contact information that is used to communicate with the individual in relation to their business, employment or profession. Thus, personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, contact information, date of birth, credit card details or other financial information, hours of availability, schedule, personal preferences, family size, income, employment details, opinions, purchase patterns and other demographics that help Caivan service your specific needs.
Personal information does not include anonymous or aggregated information that cannot be tracked back to you personally. For example, we may use aggregate data to improve the quality and efficiency of our products and services, and to enhance our marketing efforts.
When registering on Contact page, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your first name, last name, email address, phone, city, and ZIP/postal code in order to complete your registration.
How do we use your personal information?
- Personal information is collected for purposes such as the following:
- To understand the needs of individuals and respond to requests for information, products or services;
- To verify an individual’s identity;
- To complete a business transaction such as purchase or sale of a property;
- To establish relationships, provide support, as well as communicate about Caivan project updates, service developments or other Caivan news;
- To conduct customer satisfaction surveys;
- To facilitate financing or approval of an application, or process financial transactions;
- To provide safety and security services; and
- To meet legal or regulatory requirements imposed upon Caivan from time to time.
What general information do we collect?
Our websites may automatically record some general information about your visit in order for Caivan to engage in web statistical analysis using Google Analytics and other web analytics services. We want to make sure our sites are useful to visitors, and ensure we engage in targeted advertising responsibly, such that customers receive information that is relevant to their needs and interests. User information gathered may include the:
Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as “company.com” or “service.ca” and the IP address of the computer you are using to access Caivan’s website;
- Type of browser you are using, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome;
- Type of device used to access our websites;
- Type of operating system you are using such as Windows or Macintosh;
- Date and time of the visit to our site, the pages of our site that were visited, and the address of the previous website you were visiting if you linked to us from another website; and
- Age category, gender, and affinity interests as determined by demographic and interest reports available through web analytics.
We also use “cookies” that identify you as a return visitor and which can help us tailor information to suit your individual preferences. A cookie is a small text file that a website can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. The goal is to save you time next time you visit, provide you with a more meaningful visit, and measure website activity. Cookies in and of themselves cannot be used to reveal your identity. Many browsers, however, allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish, or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive.
Third party social media
We receive information from Third Party Services (like social media, live chat support etc.) as an extension of its presence on the Internet. Third Party Services are public and are not hosted on Caivan’s servers.
No method of transmitting or storing data is 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with Caivan websites. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem in order for Caivan to resolve the issue in a timely manner. Also keep in mind that e-mail is not a secure form of communication so never send sensitive personal information to us via e-mail.
How do we share your information?
The data shall not be sold to third parties. We shall not share or pass on any personal information without your explicit consent, unless: We are legally obligated to do so.